This article outlines the various website settings, which can be accessed via the Settings tab.
There are two Settings tabs:
You can adjust the following settings in the General tab:
- Website title: Enter a title for your website here. This will be shown before every page name.
- Website address: Changing your website address isn't always an option, but there are ways to do this.
- Website icon: Upload a square image to be used as a so-called 'favicon'. This will be shown in your visitors' browsers next to your website title.
- Website category: This doesn't affect the content on your website.
- Language: Indicate your website's language from our many supported languages. Standard words and sentences on your website will be translated to the language you select.
- Mobile bar: The mobile bar gives your visitors an easy way to contact you.
- Offline mode: Your website is online by default. Disable this option to take your website offline temporarily. You can add a notice to let your visitors know or provide access with a password.
- Cookie notice: Optionally set a cookie notice that your visitors will see and be required to accept.
You can adjust the following settings in the Advanced tab:
- Redirects: Set a redirect from an old website address to a new one.
- Breadcrumbs on subpages: Breadcrumbs let your visitors see exactly how a particular subpage is accessed from the homepage, e.g. Home -> Page -> Subpage
- Submenu in sidebar: Give your visitors an extra navigation tool. The submenu will be displayed if you've created multiple page levels, added sidebars to a number of pages, and enabled this option.
- HTML in HEAD-tag: Add meta tags here, e.g.your search keywords (advanced)
- Google Analytics link: Link your website to Google Analytics for more insight into how visitors use your website.
Don't forget to save your changes
✔ Tip: Enable the Offline mode option and customize what visitors see when your website is temporarily offline, e.g. a notice stating that your website is undergoing maintenance and will be online again soon.