Once you've finished building your website, you'll want to share it with the world. We'll take care of making sure your website is suitable for easy indexing, creating a sitemap, and optimizing your website for mobile devices. There are also a number of ways you yourself can improve your rank in search results. However, it's important to be patient - your site won't appear on the first page of results overnight.
Here's a list of factors that affect your rank in Google search results:
- We automatically ensure all webpages are passed on to Google through a so-called sitemap. It may take up to a week for Google to read this sitemap and include new websites in search results.
- If your website hasn't been added to search results after a week, you can add a property to your domain name and then pass your domain name to Google.
- Include keywords your visitors type into Google to reach your website wherever possible in the text on your site.
- Ideally, use these keywords in headers and page titles.
- Use keywords in the Title and Description of your page settings.
- Use keywords in the Title and Description of your blog post settings and product settings.
- Enter relevant alternative text under Images via the settings.
- Make sure as many other websites as possible link to your site (important).
- Google places a much higher value on websites with their own domain name (e.g. websitename.com).
- Place links to your website on social media.
- Google prefers websites that are regularly maintained, and ignores websites containing plagiarized content and/or too many links.
- Use our HTML in HEAD tag feature.
In general, an ad-free Pro or Business website with its own domain name will rank higher in Google search results than a Free website.
⚠ Note: Many websites will advise you to use 'meta keywords' or 'meta search terms'. This is outdated advice, as search engines no longer use this information.
For more information about how to make your website search engine-friendly with Webador, read our article on improving your website content.