You've done it! You're all set to start receiving orders. Now all you need to know is how to process those orders.
When a customer places an order in your webshop, they'll receive an order confirmation by email. You'll also receive a copy of this confirmation in your inbox, so you'll be alerted to every order placed.
Once you've got the customer's order ready, you can change the order status to reflect this and keep your customer up-to-date. To do this, go to the Webshop tab. In the menu on the left, click on Orders.
✔ Tip: Looking for orders with a specific status and/or from a certain period? Use the filters next to the search bar to search.
Click on a specific order to open the order details. Here, you'll see the customer's contact details and what they ordered. You can also change the order status:
- Pending: If the customer's payment isn't finalized, the order is still pending. When you've received payment, you can change the order status to 'Paid'.
- Paid: If the customer has paid and you've received the payment, you can change the order status and ship the order to the customer. If you're using automatic payment methods, this will be done automatically.
- Canceled: If the customer has contacted you asking to cancel the order, or has not paid, you can change the order status to 'Canceled'. Any stock reserved will also be canceled.
- Shipped: When you've shipped the order to the customer, change the status to "Shipped". The customer will automatically receive a shipping confirmation by email.
- Picked up: If you have the Free pick-up option enabled, you can change the order status to 'Collected' once the customer has picked up the order. No shipping confirmation will be sent.
✔ Tip: If you want to change the status of multiple orders at the same time to the same status, select these orders using the check box for the order.
✔ Tip: You can use the comments field in the order to add information such as Track and Trace codes. Anything entered here will also be included in the shipping confirmation email.
Change order and shipping confirmation
You can customize the order and shipping confirmation emails your customers receive.
To do this, go to the Webshop tab. In the menu on the left, under the Configuration section, click on Confirmation emails.
On this page, you can adjust the order and shipping confirmation emails.
For example, if you haven't enabled automatic payment methods, you can include payment instructions in your order confirmation emails.
✔ Tip: Enable the Send invoice (PDF) option in the order confirmation emails. Your customers will receive the invoice as an attachment with the order confirmation email, and you can download and print the invoice for your own records.
It's also easy to download and print an order's invoice or packing slip. This is explained in step 3.
Good luck with your webshop!